What will you be doing?
You will be working in real roles and get exposure to projects and experiences to accelerate your learning, enabling you to become one of our future Technical Leaders. You will gain broad, practical experience during seven placements across ATC and the Technical departments of Allied Bakeries and Allied Mills. The placements will cover aspects such as:
- Testing of raw materials and finished products in our ISO17025 accredited cereals laboratory
- Supporting both brand and retailer own-label new product development
- Completing finished product specifications and other technical documents
- Working as part of the busy technical team on our manufacturing sites
- Working with our Food Safety team carrying out audits and facilitating the improvement of food safety/Good Manufacturing Practice standards on our sites
- During the Allied Mills placement you will also have the opportunity to spend time in all departments – ranging from operations to engineering and distribution, providing you with an understanding of how the whole business operates
Who we are looking for?
The 24-month Technical programme is an opportunity for those with a Science degree and a keen interest in the food industry to develop their skills and knowledge at Allied Technical Centre (ATC), primarily delivering support to Allied Milling and Baking, part of ABF.
What do our Grads say?
What do I enjoy most about my role…I think I’d have to say ‘Variety’! In my current role as Technical Manager at AB Sports Nutrition, I find that I am constantly doing different things, and dealing with new and exciting challenges which are thrown my way. Having variety in a role is something which is really important to me. I hadn’t really identified this until I was in this role, but for me it is a real driver as it keeps me interested, enthused and excited about my work. In my current role I spend a mixture of my time in our factories working with production staff, researching and analysing data, through to compliance work with the commercial teams. Variety doesn’t just mean the type of work you are exposed to, for me, it is also about the variety in people, environment and culture. Being part of AB Sports Nutrition has really exposed me to this variety – we are a new, agile and flexible business, with some great people, teams and knowledge. For me, this means my days are dynamic, challenging and stimulating – that’s what gets me out of bed in the morning! Charlotte Rogers 2015 Graduate