Why choose marketing?
How exciting would it be to help create powerful marketing campaigns which engage consumers across some of the UK’s favourite food and drinks brands.
Our brands are bought by 94% of UK homes, selling over 1.5 million packs a day * and in marketing we have to be at the top of our game creating powerful stories and delicious products that engage and capture the hearts of our consumers. Consumers are demanding more and more, it’s a dynamic, innovative and exciting place to be, where you will be constantly learning and growing.
What will you be doing?
Our 24-month Marketing programme is unique. Not only do you get real responsibility from day one, but you will also get to work in two different businesses, giving you insight and experience of working across different brand portfolios from spicy curry sauces to healthy breakfast cereals . As a marketing graduate you will:
- Get involved in developing the brand strategy and planning for your brand
- Get up close & personal with your consumers so you understand their needs, habits and interests inside out
- Analyse, understand and interpret data on brand performance and make recommendations to the wider business to ensure we hit commercial targets
- Project manage marketing campaigns such as developing new tasty products, executing digital campaigns or creating a TV ad and coordinating in-store promotional activities
What development will I get?
We believe that you will learn the most by doing the job, getting stuck in and having a go. You will also receive great support and development via coaching, mentoring, core management trainings as well as training through our marketing excellence programme. This will help build the foundations of your Commercial & Marketing capability before going into one our businesses in Brand Management off scheme.
What our grads say?
In marketing you undertake an in-depth analysis of the market and your brand challenges and develop a plan for the coming 1-3 years. It was stretching at first but I attended brand planning training where we focused on how to logically work through the process, how to use your insight and market knowledge to frame key challenges and develop the best brand objectives. I’ve used learnings from this training repeatedly across my roles in ABF. I’m now able to more effectively deliver a brand plan with real impact and a clear vision. Hannah Dabin 2016 Graduate
* Source: Nielsen Homescan, total GB, 52 week data to 14 July 2018